About the App
Welcome to The Rural Intelligence Guide Apps:
The Berkshires And Beyond
Hudson And Columbia County, NY
Dutchess County, NY
Litchfield and NW CT
We may be a bit biased, but we applaud your decision to travel to or live in the cultural, food-centric, farm-to-table, forward thinking and breathtakingly beautiful part of the country we call the Rural Intelligence region. To be more precise, we consider Berkshire County (Massachusetts), Columbia and Dutchess counties (New York) and Litchfield County (Connecticut) to be our very own sweet spot.
We created these mobile app to help you explore the area, whether it’s to find a special bed and breakfast, the restaurant everyone’s talking about, the cultural venues that make our towns famous, or where to shop (antiques, anyone?), enjoy some ohms or have a fun family experience.
Like most media these days, we’ve chosen to go mobile with the vast amount of resources and intel we’ve gathered since we started publishing Rural Intelligence in 2008. We’re the “locals” who know the places that have long been cherished in our very own special neck of the woods. RI’s intrepid staff tirelessly scouts out all that’s new as well as the perennial best, and we’re happy to share it with you.
Here’s what you’ll find on our apps:
- A drop-down menu of categories — Lodging, Food, Arts, Style, Wellness, Attractions, Travel Resources, Real Estate, Calendar of Events and more.
- Maps to where you want to go.
- Listings with detailed information, many with photos, links to contact information and mapped directions.
- Sharing functions (Facebook, email, texting].
- Direct connection to Rural Intelligence’s popular and acclaimed events calendar, curated by our discerning editors.
- Ratings by fellow app users.
- And, because we’re always looking for the next new thing, we will be adding features as we go along, in true Rural Intelligence fashion.
We invite you to make the most of your visit to our beloved region and can’t wait to show you around.